- Member Benefits
- How to Register
- Types of Memberships
- Edit Account Information
- Edit Subscription Info
- Payment Types/Subscribe
- Free Trial Promotions
- Signing Up
- Auto Renewal
- Security and Privacy
- Safety Overview
- Stay Ahead of Fraud
- Practical Dating Tips
- Meeting Offline Tips
- Long Distance Meetings
Becoming a premium member of our community has great benefits! As a premium member, you are entitled to initiate email communication to other premium members, view your Who's Viewed Me results, and IM other premium members. Also, you receive unlimited mail storage capacity for you Inbox and Outbox folders, you can create optional storage folders to organize your e-mail, or add new e-mail to those storage folders, and add keywords to your profile to increase your responses from other members. Click Here to view all the benefits of premium membership.
How to Register
It's easy to become a member! Simply click here and fill out the short registration questionnaire. Once completed, your new profile will go live immediately, and you will be a part of our fast-growing SingleParentsMatcher.com community.
Types of Memberships
There are two types of memberships: Basic (Free) and Premium.
As a basic (free) member you can reply to emails from other members, and send winks. You can maintain a free profile with up to 10 photos, create and edit your own personal introduction, and search for other members. Additionally, you can opt to hide your profile, and control who can or cannot contact you.
A Premium member has access to all site features including but not limited to: Initiate an email to/from any members, IM other premium members, expand your Inbox/Outbox storage capacity, create new storage folders, view other members who have viewed your profile, add custom keywords, advanced search features, and new features first. Click Here to view all the benefits of premium membership and options to upgrade.
Your membership is not a trial membership. It is a permanent membership for as long as you desire to maintain your profile on our site.
Edit Account Information
Your Account Information includes: country, state, city, birthdate and username or password go to Account > Account Basics page
Username: You can only change your username one time. Afterwards, you cannot change it back to your original username due to site policy. Be very careful when typing in the username field.
Password: In order to change your password, enter a new password in the password field, and then confirm your password change using the appropriate password confirmation field and click submit.
Email: You can change your e-mail address by entering a new e-mail address in the e-mail field. Then confirm it by entering it again in the confirm e-mail field, and click submit. Note: You must maintain a valid e-mail address at all times. Attempting to use an invalid e-mail address will result in cancellation of your membership.
Edit Subscription Information
Your Subscription Information includes: Upgrade, Cancel and Delete Membership options, go to Account > My Membership page
Deleting Your Profile: If you wish to be deleted, please go to the My Membership page, and click on the "Delete My Profile" link. Please view the FAQ answers at the bottom of this page regarding our refunds and profile reinstatement policies. Please note that upon deletion of your profile, any unanswered customer service requests that remain in our Customer Service queue will be removed when you delete your profile.
We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, and American Express credit cards, debit cards with the Visa or MasterCard logo, and PayPal through our site. When you receive your credit or debit card bank statement, FriendsWide will appear as the merchant name. Please make a note of this entry in order to avoid confusion during bill paying time!
Make cashier's check or money order payable to Friends Worldwide: Please make sure to include your username to ensure proper crediting of your account.
Payments may be mailed to:
FriendsWorldwide.com Attn: BILLING 1521 Alton Road Suite #672 Miami Beach, FL 33139
We accept cashier's checks and money orders in U.S CURRENCY only. We will process these payments immediately upon receipt, so you are more than welcome to overnight your payment. No personal checks
Free Trial Promotions
When you receive a free trial offer in your inbox, the message will include instructions for how to redeem it. In the process of setting up your free trial, you'll be asked for payment information, and you'll need to choose a paid subscription package that will automatically begin at the end of your free trial. But don't worry, this is just a convenient way to start your full subscription if you want to. If you decide you don't want to be charged, simply cancel your subscription before the free trial period ends.
Log back in with your username and password, and your previous profile settings will be restored.
When you receive your credit card or debit card bank statement, FriendsWide will appear as the merchant name. Please record our name so you will not be confused when you see this name on your billing statement.
To check the status of your membership go to the Account > Membership page, You can then view your current premium membership status start date and end date.
For your convenience, your premium membership will auto renew each month at the previous standard rate until you wish to cancel.
To cancel your premium subscription, login to your account and access your Account > Membership page located in the top right corner of all pages.
We do not allow refunds except under special circumstances defined in the section Special State Terms of our Terms of Service Agreement. Generally, refunds permit undesirable people to take advantage of us by requesting refunds for all types of reasons. With the exception of our Special State Terms provision, we have enacted this policy in order to maintain the integrity and quality of our site. Our TOS clearly stipulates that upon making a payment, the paying member accepts our policy.
Security and Privacy
Privacy of Your Emails The only time or staff would read your e-mail messages is in connection with an investigation for misconduct on our site. We would only divulge the content of your email to another party if an officer of Friends Worldwide were served with a judge-issued subpoena, served by Federal or local law enforcement agent.
Your Personal Info is Kept Confidential Your personal information is safe with us. Any information we collect (your real e-mail address, etc.) is kept secure in an encrypted database and is never shared with other members, partners, or third parties. Many other sites actually distribute your real e-mail address to other interested members. We never will. Unless you purposely give or intentionally supply information concerning your real identity in your profile or via an e-mail message, there is no way for another member or the general public to know who you are.
Always Use Caution Please be cautious on any site that is socially oriented. We do not recommend you to share your real contact information with anyone until you feel comfortable, or until you have verified their identity. Always inform friends or family of planned meetings with anyone you have met anonymously via any online experience. We care very much about you, and want to keep them safe.
No Spam Policy Our site was founded on the concept that people on the Internet DO NOT want to be spammed. We feel this is a great invasion of privacy and are adamantly opposed to it. We realize our success depends on the manner in which we treat our members. We realize that your trust in us is a privilege, and we will not sell your private information to third parties. We simply treat our members as we would like to be treated.
Our Site Security is Top Notch We use strong encryption in the exchange of data back and forth between our servers and your computer whenever you log on to our site, and whenever you send us personal information. Our security certificates are reputable, and in place for your protection. If we suspect a member who is suspicious or has the potential to defraud other members, they are deleted immediately. We're also aggressive about continually policing our site and vigorously block entire countries associated with high cases of fraudulent activity.
Notice Concerning Messages and Winks: If you receive an email or wink notification to your real email, then login to find there is no email or wink in your site Inbox, this is not a site malfunction. Any communication from a member we consider to be spam or a solicitation will be deleted. We vigorously patrol our site to delete unwarranted users that we detect are not on our network for purposes of dating in order to protect your interests and security. We appreciate your understanding, and hope you will respect the fact we will not tolerate spammers on our site because we greatly care about you as a member. Unlike many sites which are not concerned if you receive a solicitous email (often in disguise), we are fanatical to protect your interests 24/7, 365 days a year. Also, we request and appreciate that you report anyone you feel is misusing our site by using our Contact Us form. With adequate support from you and all our members, we can help create and maintain our status as the leading dating network online. Any concerns you may have simply let us know. Our security team appreciates the opportunity to serve you.
SingleParentsMatcher.com, hosted by the Friends Worldwide Dating Network, is one of the top rated and respected dating websites in the world within its respective sector. The Friends Worldwide family of integrated dating sites provides you the opportunity meet other singles who share your specific interests and lifestyle choices, thus allowing you a more effective and higher quality online dating experience. However, when meeting new people online or offline, there are certain basic steps you should follow to help make your experiences enjoyable and secure.
We ask you take some time to review the following general dating tips. Reviewing and heeding our recommendations, will provide you the confidence and satisfaction of experiencing a more safe and secure dating environment both online and offline.
Stay Ahead of Fraud
DON’T EVER give out personal financial information such as bank account information, debit or credit card info to anyone.
DON’T EVER send via Western Union, by bank wire, via real mail, or in any other form. Common fraud practice is to establish a contact online, then to pretend an emergency has taken place especially one that is overseas.
DON’T EVER share your personal information such as social security numbers, or physical location of residence or work. Always meet in a neutral place.
Common Indicators of Spammers to Watch Out For:
- Someone asks you to come off the site, and chat via IM immediately after establishing contact with you, or wants your email address too quickly before you have had a chance to get to establish a basis for further contact. Spammers are impatient, but sometimes not. Train yourself to recognize their traits and behaviors.
- Someone who writes long in depth emails with long stories of accident to family members, family emergencies, investment opportunities, or stories which sound more like a romance novel rather than reality. These stories include one of destiny, fate, and/or long desired, missed love. Again, spammers often initiate communication with you using these stories so try to develop a street smart sense to recognize their behaviors. Your new found wisdom will help you not only on our site, but on any site which you establish contact with new people.
- Someone who has broken English, and makes many spelling errors in emails sent to you.
- Someone who claims to be from U.S., but currently travelling, living or working abroad oftentimes as a professional or key employee of an important company overseas who often is in a distressful situation requiring financial assistance.
- Someone who asks you for money or assets in any form.
- Someone disappears off the site (because we delete them) and will reappear with the same photo using a different location and/or username.
- Someone claims to have a recent death of a family member or spouse, injury, and/or sickness and attempts to exploit the situation to invoke sympathy leading to a request for financial assistance. Look for other factors in combination with these claims as described above.
Practical Dating Tips
There is no substitute for acting cautiously when communicating with any stranger online. Please keep in mind, by learning proper security measures, your online dating experience will be under your control. Be sure to make use of our basic tips below. If you ever feel your safety is at risk, cease from all communication, and report any misbehavior to us via our Contact Us form so that our Customer Service team can initiate an investigation.
1. Use Your Instincts: It is always good to follow your gut instinct when something doesn't feel right. It is also a great way to measure when to move forward with someone, and when to exit fast. As you read member profiles, responses to emails, conduct phone conversations, and eventually meet in person, usually your instincts will help make you aware if something is, or is not right. A communication which “doesn’t seem right” is your hint to be careful, be more vigilant, or proceed with caution. Trust your basic instincts. They are the most powerful tool you have at your disposal. Get to know the other person online before meeting them offline.
2. Always Protect Your Personal Identity: Guard your personal information. Do not reveal home phone numbers, physical addresses, or any other personal information too soon. Be zealous and diligent regarding safety precautions. Take advantage of our secure member-to-member technology utilized on all our Friends Worldwide sites that protects your identity until you choose to reveal it another member. This technology works on all email and IM messages. If you would like more information about someone, we recommend using the internet and government resources available to everyone.
3. Use a Cell Phone: When it's time to move your communication to the next level (talking on the phone), never give out your home phone number. Provide a cell phone number, use Skype to communicate, or use an anonymous phone service. It's just an added protection barrier until you get to know the person better.
4. Accessing Your Account Via a Public or Shared Computer: Make sure to log out after each session so that others are not able to view or record your password or other personal information. If you share your computer with others, consider disabling your “remember me” login feature if you have linked an auto log-in program or feature to your account. Do not use the “remember me” feature using a public computer.
Please Report To Us Any of The Following:
- Members asking you for money or donations
- Members sending harassing or offensive emails/IMs
- Members behaving inappropriately after meeting in person
- Fraudulent registration or profiles Spam or solicitation, such as invitations to call pay numbers and/or attempts to sell products or services
- Copyright infringement
- Other violations listed in our Terms of Service Agreement.
Meeting Offline Tips
First meetings are exciting, however, always take precautions and use the following guidelines.
- When meeting for the first time never in a private or remote location, meet in a populated and public location.
- Always inform one or 2 friends and/or a family members who and where you are meeting. Provide a cell phone or number to contact you.
- Do not meet after consuming alcohol. Be sober and alert.
- Do not do anything that would impair your judgment, or cause you to make a decision you could regret.
- Do drive yourself to and from your first meeting. If for any reason things do no go in the manner you expected, you need to be in control of your own transportation even if you need take a taxi.
- Do watch over your personal items at all times and keep an eye on your important documents such as driver’s license, and credit cards.
- If you are consuming alcohol, keep your drink with you at all times to avoid someone tampering with it.
- Don’t go back to your date’s home on the first date. Leave the premises if you are pressured.
Long Distance Meetings
- Long distance meetings pose their own risk so proceed with caution.
- Stay in a hotel. If you can’t afford a hotel, don’t go. Do not stay in the other person’s home. Keep your hotel location confidential.
- If the person you’re meeting volunteers to pick you up from the airport, decline the offer. Do not get into a personal vehicle with someone you’ve never met.
- Use a taxi or rental car to get to and from the airport.
- A person who is safe should respect your privacy until you get to know each other.
- Tell friends and family members who you are meeting, where you are going and when you will return.
At SingleParentsMatcher.com, we care about you very much you as a member which is why we have an extensive fraud prevention team. Unlike many free dating sites, we work overtime to protect you 24/7. However, even with our aggressive efforts, we also need your assistance! Report any suspicious activity or behavior to us immediately!